Propecia is the most widely used drug for the treatment of hair loss. The Finasteride medication is the only FDA-approved one that is taken orally and not as a topical application. The drug is prescribed for use in men who have hair loss conditions like male pattern baldness and androgenetic alopecia. When taken as directed and over a considerable period of time, Propecia will effectively stop the excessive hair fall and even help in regaining lost hair.
There are many advantages to using Propecia for hair loss but not many would be aware of it. Some men shy away from taking this drug because they would be worried about the side effects. Any adverse effects are common as would occur with taking prescription medications. If you are keen on reducing the appearance of baldness and improve your looks, or even preventing it from deteriorating further, it is important to consider taking Propecia for hair loss. A lot of men have safely used the hair loss med and found it to be successful, and you too can.
How does Propecia work for stopping hair loss?
Before learning of what advantages consuming Propecia would provide, it would help to know how the drug works to deal with hair loss. The problem of hair fall in men is due to excessive androgen activity. The higher level of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the system will result in weak hair follicles and also in the loss of hair. Propecia works by suppressing the conversion of testosterone to DHT. The reduction in DHT levels is obtained by taking the single dose on a once daily basis. The hair loss med can help with DHT suppression by up to 70%. Over the course of the treatment, the hair loss stops and also new hair follicles take root in place of the old ones. There would be considerable improvement if the treatment is undertaken for at least one year. Also, discontinuing the hair loss therapy can result in the reversal of effects.
What are the advantages of taking Propecia for hair loss?
- The pill is easy to administer. If you take it at the same time every day, then you do not have to worry about taking the medication and the effectiveness would also be maintained.
- Almost all men who embark on the Propecia treatment would definitely see some positive results. It is very rare for someone to take the drug for six months or more and not see any changes on the scalp. For such persons, the healthcare provider would suggest alternate therapy.
- The hair loss would not progress any more or become worse than what it already is. There may be excess shedding initially but this just means that the drug is working and getting rid of the weak hair follicles.
- It is possible to regrow lost hair with Propecia. You would not have to opt for expensive or painful procedures like hair transplants or surgery.
- Men with an enlarged prostate gland would benefit from the shrinking that the drug causes.